Update an Existing Installation
- Check Software Update Download Progress On Mac Os
- Check Software Update Download Progress On Mac Catalina
- Update My Software For Free
You can download and install a more recent version of the release of MATLAB® that you currently have installed. For example, if you have R2020a installed, you might be able to download a more recent version of R2020a. This version is called a MATLAB update. When you install a MATLAB update, you get not only the most recent update for your version but also all previous updates for your version as well.
Download Updates Manually. Sometimes, if Software Update hasn’t already informed you that a firmware update is available, it’s worth keeping an eye on the Apple support pages which provide direct links to manually download the updates themselves. The update process is as follows:-1. Check which firmware updates apply to your particular Mac. Glarysoft has a free program update checker for Windows that isn't much of a program itself, but when you run the checker, it opens the results in your browser and gives you direct download links to the program updates. Software Update sends the scan results to a file download website called Filepuma that's owned by Glarysoft.
Update from Notifications
- Use Software Update preferences on your Mac. Get the latest macOS updates, including the apps that come with macOS, and important security updates. Open Software Update preferences for me. Use App Store on your Mac. In the App Store, you can choose from thousands of Mac apps, explore Safari extensions, and find app updates.
- Use Software Update to find and install updates for macOS, built-in apps like Safari, and apps downloaded from the App Store. Use Software Update Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click Software Update to check for updates.
If a more recent version is available, a notification displays in MATLAB when you start the program.
To install the MATLAB update, click the notification icon and then select . If you click the notification but decide not to install the update, the notification is cleared; however, you can still install the update at a later time.
Check for Updates
You also can check for updates manually. You must have an active internet connection to check for and update your installation.
On the Home tab, click Help > Check for Updates. The Add-On Manager opens with the Updates tab selected. If there is an update available for your version of MATLAB, click the button to the right of the update name to install it. If there is no update available for your version or if you have already installed the latest update, MATLAB displays that information.
In R2019a: On the Home tab, click Help > Check for Updates > Products. If there is an update available, click Install Update.
Before R2019a: On the Home tab, click Add-Ons > Check for Updates > Products.
'macOS 10.13 High Sierra is now available for update on Mac computers and can anyone of you tell me some tips that can help me smoothly update my MacBook Pro into latest macOS High Sierra without losing any data or meet any problems? Thank you.'
If you are trying to find a simple way to update Mac OS to the latest 10.13 or 10.13.4 High Sierra or you are looking for effective solutions to fix macOS High Sierra update stuck or failure error, you are at the right place. Follow the two next parts to free download macOS 10.13/10.13.4 to install and fix the macOS High Sierra update error right now.
Part 1. Upgrade to macOS 10.13/10.13.4 High Sierra without losing data
Here Part 1, we'll show you how to upgrade to macOS 10.13/10.13.4 High Sierra without losing any data on MacBook Pro/MacBook Air/iMac etc.
Step 1. Back up Mac computer data before macOS 10.13/10.13.4 update
Here you have two options to backup Mac data before macOS 10.13/10.13.4 update: Time Machine or Mac backup software for help.
Option 1. Back up Mac data with Time Machine
- 1. Connect an external hard drive to your Mac and launch Time Machine. (The drive should be at least the same size as your Mac drive.)
- 2. Turn the Time Machine slider ON > Select Backup Disk to set the external hard drive as the backup destination.
- 3. Select important data to backup now.
Option 2. Backup Mac data with Mac backup software
EaseUS Todo Backup for Mac supports backing up your Mac data in 3 steps:
1. Download, install and launch EaseUS Todo Backup for Mac.
Click the first Backup tab or simply click the plus (+) button at the left corner of the left pane to create a backup project -- name the backup project and click OK.
2. Set up the backup destination where you want to store Mac files as backups, automatic backup frequency and click OK.
3. Add files and folders to the backup project.
Click File+ to selectively choose files and folders to back up and click the blue start button to back up your Mac data to another drive or external device.
Step 2. Download and install macOS 10.13/10.13.4 High Sierra
1. Go to the Apple store > Find macOS 10.13.10.13.4 update.
2. Click Download and fill in your Apple ID when asked.
3. After you download the macOS 10.13/10.13.4 upgrade software, install the software and update Mac computer to macOS 10.13 or 10.13.4 High Sierra by following the onscreen instructions.
If no update problems occur, restart your Mac computer and enjoy the new macOS on your device.
If you get stuck or cannot install macOS 10.13 on your device, just follow Part 2 to get the problems solved and fixed on your own.
Part 2. Fix macOS 10.13/10.13.4 High Sierra update stuck/failure or freeze error
If you cannot download or install macOS 10.13 update on your Mac, or macOS 10.13/10.13.4 gets stuck, freezes or fails to install, don't panic and just simply follow these instructions.
Fix 1. macOS Sierra 10.13/10.13.4 downloaded but won't install
If you get stuck or fail to install the downloaded macOS 10.13/10.13.4, try the tips below to get this problem fixed:
- Open Launchpad > Delete 'Install macOS Sierra' file with a question mark on it.
- Reboot Mac and retry downloading a new macOS Sierra update 10.13/10.13.4.
- Click Apple Menu > Select App Store > Click Update next to macOS Sierra in the Update section.
Fix 2. macOS 10.13/10.13.4 High Sierra fails to install/gets stuck or freezes while installing
Here you have two options to fix the macOS 10.13/10.13.4 installation failure error:
Option 1. Install macOS update in Safe Mode to fix the macOS High Sierra 10.13/10.13.4 update stuck error
- Disable or uninstall any Anti-virus software on your Mac.
- Ensure Mac computer has a proper and reliable internet connection.
- Install macOS Sierra in Safe Mode.
- Hold Power until your Mac shuts down > Turn your Mac on and hold the Shift key > Release Shift when the Apple logo appears > The Mac shall be booted into the Safe Mode.
- Then try to install macOS 10.13/10.13.4 update again.
If you cannot install macOS 10.13/10.13.4 in Safe Mode, try a clean installation of the new update.
Option 2. Clean installation of macOS Sierra 10.13/10.13.4 to fix macOS fails to install issue
Check Software Update Download Progress On Mac Os
To complete a clean installation of macOS Sierra 10.13/10.13.4 on Mac, you may need to do some pre-installation preparation:
Step 1. Create a bootable installer
- Download the macOS Sierra 10.13/10.13.4 installation package from Mac App Store.
- Connect a new USB drive with Mac > Open Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities folder > Select thumb drive in sidebar and click Format.
- Name USB as Untitled > Choose OS X Extended > Click Erase > Open Terminal once the USB is formatted and finish downloading macOS Sierra.
- Ensure USB named Untitled is connected to Mac > Type below command in Terminal and hit Enter: sudo /Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/SierraBootInstall --applicationpath /Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app --nointeraction &&say Done
- Enter Administrator password if necessary. The command will create a bootable Sierra installer on the USB drive.
Check Software Update Download Progress On Mac Catalina
Step 2. Clean installation of macOS 10.13/10.13.4 update
- Connect a USB bootable drive to your Mac and restart the Mac by holding Option until you hear the reboot tone.
- Select the disk called Install macOS Sierra in the drive list that appears on the screen.
- Once the USB drive is booted, select Disk Utility > Choose Mac's startup from the list > Click Erase.
- Once Mac's startup disk is formatted, return to the Utilities window and select Install macOS > Choose the recently erased startup drive to install macOS > Follow onscreen prompts to complete the installation.
Extra Tip: Restore lost data due to the macOS 10.13/10.13.4 High Sierra update
If you forgot to create backups for your Mac data before the macOS 10.13/10.13.4 update, you still have a chance to restore lost data due to the update.
Professional Mac data recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac with Bootable Media allows you to restore all lost data due to a macOS update or for other reasons.
1. Click the tutorial page about how to create bootable media for Mac.
2. Boot your Mac from EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Bootable Media.
3. Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac and select the file types of lost data. Click Next.
4. Choose the volume where the data was lost, click Scan to let the program scan the lost data for you.
Choose Deep Scan and let the program find more lost data for you on your Mac.
Important Note -- if your Mac hard drive uses an APFS file system, you can only use the deep scan option to scan and find all lost data on the drive
Update My Software For Free
5. Preview and choose the found hard drive data, then click Recover to save it in a safe spot on your Mac.