A library of over 125,000 free and free-to-try software applications for Mac OS. Find Q-See software downloads at CNET Download.com, the most comprehensive source for safe, trusted, and spyware-free downloads on the Web. Global Nav Open Menu Global Nav Close Menu; Apple; Shopping Bag +. High Definition Surveillance Security Systems by Q-See. Protect your home or business with a Q-See Security Camera System. We offer a variety of Security solutions in Analog HD, IP, and WiFi. Q-See VLC Media Player for MAC OSX – For playing camera recordings extracted from a Q-See DVR or NVR on a MAC Q-See Mini-CD copy of QP-1341 Spy Pen Software inc Manual and Time Setting Tool Perisale / Generic IP Camera Search Tool – For camera search and configuration on a local network.
This page uncovers 5 best completely free data recovery software for macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, older versions and morden Mac OS X, etc. All those Mac data recovery software share one commonality, they are free and useful for casual Mac users. Pick up one and let it take care of your Mac data now.
This article covers the top five completely free data recovery software for Mac, which varies in features, functions, and performance. However, they all have one thing in common: they are free.
Compare the five tools carefully, and select the one that fits your needs best.
- Top 5 Completely Free Data Recovery Software for Mac
- 1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free
- 2. Disk Drill
- 3. PhotoRec
- 4. TestDisk
- 5. Exif Untrasher
- 3-Step Tutorial of Free Mac Data Recovery
- People Also Ask
Top 5 Completely Free Data Recovery Software for Mac
When you get data loss on your Mac due to accidental deletion, partition/hard drive formatting, system crash, macOS upgrade, file system or hard drive corruption, stay calm and pick up one of the recommended data recovery software below for help.
1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free is one of the free top and handy Mac data recovery software that enables you to recover data from the emptied trash bin, Mac notebooks, desktops, hard drives, USB drives, SD cards, memory cards, digital cameras, etc. It works on internal APFS/HFS+/HFS X drives, and FAT/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS file systems used in USB flash drives and external hard drives connected to Mac.
# 1. All-in-one data recovery software
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free is fully compatible with the latest macOS 11.0 (Big Sur), 10.15(Catalina), 10.14 (Mojave) and all the former versions. It enables all Mac users to perform a full recovery of lost valuable data in only 3 steps: Scan > Preview > Recover.
# 2. HFS+ Fusion Drive Recovery
The latest update of EaseUS Mac data recovery software has improved its support of Fusion Drive, which makes it work even better in retrieving files from Mac computers that are installed on fusion drives.
# 3. Encrypted Drive Recovery
Another great update in EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac is that it supports encrypted drive recovery by offering guidance to assist Mac users in decrypting and unlocking their drives with password.
# 4. Data Protection
Once the data protection feature is enabled, it will automatically back up the deleted files to a safe location. If you unexpectedly delete files and want to recover later, you can quickly restore the lost files from the created backup.
- Support to restore 200+ file types on Mac, including recovering lost Word/Excel/PPT documents, photos, videos, music files, emails, archived files, and more.
- Quick Scan + Deep Scan technology greatly enhances recovery probability.
- Real-time Preview allows you to preview found files while scanning and before proceeding with data recovery.
- No quality-loss recovery brings your lost photos, videos perfectly back in its best performance.
- The completely free version is limited to a maximum of 2GB data recovery. (The outstanding Windows data recovery free version also provides 2GB free file recovery.)
2. Disk Drill
Disk Drill is a popular Mac data recovery application developed to recover lost partitions or files from Mac internal and external hard drives. Also, the Recovery Vault and Guaranteed Recovery options in the free trial version support to monitor the file deletion activity and retain metadata so as to quickly undelete files.
# 1. Undelete Protected Data (Not Available in Free Version)
Being similar to the Data Protection feature in EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac, Disk Drill also contains an undelete protected data feature that requires Recovery Vault and Guaranteed Recovery features to be enabled in advance.
With these two features enabled, Mac users could quickly undelete files from a Trash Bin reference or shadow copy of each file to a user-specified folder.
# 2. Allocate Existing Files
When Finder fails to read data, Disk Utility reports the drive as unformatted, Disk Drill can scan the partition and retrieve data from Mac.
- Compatible with all the Mac OS X and macOS systems.
- Recover 200+ file types.
- It is packed with free and useful disk tools for all users.
- An intuitive user interface to recover lost files effortlessly.
- The free version only allows a preview of data recovery.
- Recovery Vault and Guaranteed Recovery are not available in the free version.
PhotoRec is a free, open-source program that works very well in data recovery on older operating systems like OS X, Linux, Free BSD, Net BSD, Open BSD, and Windows.
It allows users to restore most common files, like photos, audios, documents, ZIP archives, and others from internal or external devices, such as digital cameras, memory cards, USB flash drives and partitions/hard disks.
# 1. Advanced File Carving
PhotoRec first searches for the data block or cluster size. The program will quickly load value from superblock like ext2/ext3/ext4 or volume boot record like FAT/NTFS if the file system is not corrupted. When the file system corrupted, PhotoRec will check the device at a sector level, using the first 10 found files to calculate the block or cluster size so as to locate and find more lost files.
# 2. Block or Cluster Level Recovery
This program will read the Mac device block by block, cluster by cluster, checking against different file signatures so as to recuperate available files.
- Support data recovery cross-platforms, Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, etc.
- 100% open-source program, not only the software but also the source code.
- Nice tool to recover personal files.
- Not very user-friendly for ordinary computer users.
- Technical skills required. It uses command lines to operate.
TestDisk, like PhotoRec, it's also an open-source, freeware product that allows for multiple file types recovery.
It mainly focuses on partition recovery. It enables users to find deleted or lost partitions by fixing the partition tables due to software crash, virus attack, mistaken formatting, etc.
# 1. Partition Recovery
When a partition lost or disappeared on Mac due to corrupted partition tables, Mac users can apply TestDisk to rebuild and repair the corrupted partition table.
# 2. Rebuild Boot Sectors
When the Mac bootable drive fails to boot, it corrects problems in bootable drives that are failing to boot.
- Completely free and open.
- Runs on several operating systems, including macOS and Mac OS X versions.
- Recover lost partitions and rebuild the partition table.
- Use the command line to make data recovery.
- Not user-friendly for regular computer users.
5. Exif Untrasher
Exif Untrasher is another completely free Mac data recovery tool that mainly restores deleted or JPEG files from digital cameras, external drive, USB stick, SD card, etc. You can easily download and install this software on your Mac running Mac OS X 10.10 and all the later versions.
# 1. Highly Efficient in JEPG Recovery
Exif Untrasher is a tool that mainly designed to locate photos in JEPG formats on any kind of storage device like SD card, CF card, memory stick or Mac hard disk.
External storage device needs to be mounted as a volume on Mac for the utility to access and attempt a restore.
- Simple and quick to recover lost images from the memory card.
- Free with no quantity limits.
- It is updated by the developer regularly.
- It only works for JEGP file recovery. It doesn't support extra file formats.
3-Step Tutorial of Free Mac Data Recovery
To help more Mac users to bring their lost files are soon as possible, we are here to show you a 3-step tutorial of free Mac data recovery. If you are eager to bring your lost files back on Mac or external storage devices, apply the brief and innovative EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free for help.
Remember to connect your USB, SD card, or external hard drive to Mac computer if your lost data were saved on it.
Step 1. Select the disk location (it can be an internal HDD/SSD or a removable storage device) where you lost data and files. Click the 'Scan' button.
Step 2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac will immediately scan your selected disk volume and display the scanning results on the left pane.
Step 3. In the scan results, select the file(s) and click the 'Recover Now' button to have them back.
On this page, you are presented with the top 5 completely free Mac data recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free, Disk Drill, PhotoRec, TestDisk, Exif Untrasher. When you are facing unexpected data loss on Mac, the programs demonstrated above can help you recover lost files effectively.
What's more, if your lost data is less than 2GB, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free is highly recommended as it provides the most user-friendly interface and most powerful data recovery function.
If you simply want to restore JEGP images, Exif Untrasher is worth to try.
People Also Ask
Some Mac users may still have doubts about Mac file recovery. Here we have collected the top frequently asked 4 questions and left brief answers below. Check out and find your own answers here.
1. Is Mac data recovery free?
It depends. If you lost deleted files to Trash, you can restore them from the Trash for free.
When you lost files on a local Mac hard drive or an external storage device, if you apply free Mac data recovery software like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free for help, it's free.
If you take your computer to a local data recovery center, it will charge you a big bunch of money.
2. What is the best free data recovery software?
Q See App Download
- For Windows users, you may refer to Top 10 Free SD Card Data Recovery Software.
The Recommended software also works perfectly in Windows OS for data recovery and you can find out the most suitable for you to apply and restore lost files with ease.
- For Mac users, as we recommended on this page, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free, Disk Drill, PhotoRec, TestDisk, Exif Untrasher are all good to help.
3. Is there any free data recovery software?
Sure! Many data recovery software producers all have released their free data recovery software. Here we have collected some of them for you to pick up and apply to guard your own data.
10 Top Free Data Recovery Software for Windows Users:
- 1). EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free
- 2). Recuva
- 3). Stellar Data Recovery
- 4). Disk Drill
- 5). R-Studio
- 6). Acronis Revive
- 7). Remo Recover
- 8). Recover My Files
- 9). Puran Data Recovery
- 10). TestDisk
Q See Software For Pc
5 Top Free Data Recovery Software for Mac Users: (We have uncovered on this page)
- 1). EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free
- 2). Disk Drill
- 3). PhotoRec
- 4). TestDisk
- 5). Exif Untrasher
4. How can I recover deleted files without software Mac free?
There are two ways for you to recover deleted files on Mac for free without using data recovery software.
- One way is to undelete files from your Mac Trash bin.
When you mistakenly deleted files on Mac computer to the trash, and you didn't empty the trash, you can undelete them from your Trash for free.
- The other way that you can try is to recover deleted files from your Mac Time Machine backup.
If you have the habit of backing up files on Mac computer using the Time Machine, congratulations. When you delete some of them, luckily, you can bring them back immediately from your Time Machine backup. You can follow to Recover Files from Time Machine Backup for a detailed guide.
TaniDVR is a CLI tool for managing and capturing video from Linux-based OEM surveillance DVRs which use DVR-IP protocol (p: 37777/TCP). It has been tested with Intelbras DVRs and is expected to work with brands such as DVR365, Q-See, GWave and. ...
- Freeware (Free)
- 142 Kb
- BSD; Linux
If a chat buddy sent you the following message, you could read it with MyPadLock: (If you were using the correct key) ->[email protected]?IlBHSGS}[email protected] [email protected]][email protected]~PYHZNUCYdHWQITNPNMSDbPU_IglXELJVUSJmCIDJC~XYXXOLZVaC. ...
- Metaware Productions
- Shareware ($47.00)
- 3.19 Mb
ADT Home Security. ADT has been ranked Americas number one home security provider and when you see all of their potential benefits, it is not hard to see why! Providing you with excellent value for money, a security system to suit any home and 24. ...
- ADT Home Security
- Freeware (Free)
- 1.55 Mb
- Win98, WinME, WinNT 3.x, WinNT 4.x, Windows2000, W
ADT Security Discounts. ADT has been ranked Americas number one home security provider and when you see all of their potential benefits, it is not hard to see why! Providing you with excellent value for money, a security system to suit any home and. ...
- ADT Security Discounts
- Freeware (Free)
- 1.55 Mb
- Win98, WinME, WinNT 3.x, WinNT 4.x, Windows2000, W
Scans the entire network for vulnerabilities, applying also missing patches and service packs. GFI LANguard N.S.S. is also a complete network security and patch management solution. GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner (N.S.
- GFI Software
- Shareware ($495.00)
- 14.6 Mb
- WinXP, Windows2000, Windows2003
Perfect Security Icons is a collection of wonderfully-crafted stock icons for use in commercial and personal products, including software applications, websites and presentations. The icons have a bright color palette, smooth and well-rounded edges.
- Demo ($49.95)
- 6.01 Mb
- WinXP, WinVista, WinVista x64, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Win2000, WinOther, Other, Mac OS X, Mac Other, Windows2000, Windows2003, WinServer, Windows Vista, WinMobile, Windows CE, Pocket PC, Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, iPod, iTouch, Palm, Palm OS 6.0, Win98, WinME, WinNT 3.x, WinNT 4.x, Win95, Unix, Linux, Handheld, Mobile Other, Windows Tablet PC Edition 2005, Windows Media Center Edition 2005, Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 2005, Linux Console, Linux Gnome, Linux Open Source, Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.4, Mac OS X 10.3, Mac OS X 10.2, Mac OS X 10.1, Mac OS 9, Palm OS 5.0, Palm OS 4.0, Palm OS 3.2, Palm OS 3.1, Palm OS 3.0, Palm OS 2.1, Palm OS 2.0, Palm OS 1.0, RIM, Symbian, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.8, Windows 8, Windows Phone 7, Windows Phone 8, Windows RT, Windows Server 2012, iOS
Did you know that great picture from today's lunch might reveal your exact location (and we're not talking about the address on the menu)? Think before you post. Check your photos with Geotag Security and remove revealing tags before sharing online.
- fCoder Ltd
- Freeware (Free)
- 2.24 Mb
- WinXP, WinVista, WinVista x64, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Win2000, Windows2000, Windows2003, Windows Vista
Adobe Security Patcher for Adobe Illustrator CS2 addresses and resolves a security vulnerability that has been detected in Adobe® Creative Suite 2, Adobe Photoshop® CS2, and Adobe Illustrator® CS2 software. See the security advisory for more. ...
- Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Freeware (Free)
- 35 Kb
- Mac OS X 10.2 or later
The Word 97 Security Update: Macro Vulnerability addresses a vulnerability that could allow malicious code to run in a Rich Text Format (RTF) document without warning. Under normal circumstances, you will see a warning in Word 97 when you open a. ...
- 5am Code
- Shareware ($)
- 3.4 Mb
- Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows
Bitdefender Total Security 2013 builds on #1 ranked antivirus technology to secure online transactions, protect mobile devices from loss/theft, automatically back up files, and Tune-Up PCs.
- BitDefender LLC
- Demo ($69.95)
- 2.31 Mb
- Win8, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinVista, WinVista x64, WinXP
Get multilayered security that keeps your PC saf Features: Advanced Download Protection Analyzes downloads using patent-pending technology and warns you if a download is malicious - stopping it from infecting your PC. Advanced Firewall. ...
- Shareware ($49.95)
- 4.96 Mb
- Windows2000, Windows2003, WinXP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64
We think you'll have to be impressed with Security One's protection system.Security one is an alarm and home protection system developed not only to warn you of an intruder but also deters intruders with voice warnings constantly to coerce an. ...
- Shareware ($7.95)
- 410 Kb
- WinXP, WinVista, Win7 x32