Adobe Flash Player for Mac OSX (PPC - Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, AOL, Opera, Safari) v10.0.12.36 (Latest stable version) 15 Oct 2008 Adobe Flash Player for Mac OSX (PPC - Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, AOL, Opera, Safari) v188.8.131.52 29 Apr 2008. The latest version of Flash that’s available for G4 and G5 PowerPC Macs running MacOSX 10.4 and 10.5 is Flash Player 10.1.102.64 I assumed that following the instructions detailed above anyone should be. Flash Player 10.1 r102 (Adobe Systems Inc.) Download Links. Mac OS X 10.5 or later, PowerPC G4 or G5: Spotify 0.6.6.10 (Spotify Ltd) Download Links. With users being directed to change to the Skype network. Mirror download will remain for completeness. System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later: Skype 2.8.
The bundle identifier for Adobe Flash Player for Mac is com.adobe.flashplayer.installmanager. Our antivirus scan shows that this Mac download is virus free. The most popular versions among the program users are 12.0 and 11.4. This free Mac application was originally produced by Adobe Systems Inc. Adobe Flash Player for Mac is sometimes referred. Here’s how to get it from the Adobe site: Open the Flash Player site in your browser. Click the button that says Download Flash Player. Choose a convenient location to save the Flash Player setup file.
The Flash Player hack for PowerPC has once again been updated – this time to 16.1.
Adobe offered the last Flash Player plugin for the PowerPC platform in late 2010, stopping at version 10.1. As of early 2011, subsequent releases required an Intel Mac, much to the annoyance of a lot of older Mac users.
In 2012 I stumbled across a guy on YouTube who had hacked the last PowerPC version of Flash Player into thinking it was version 11.1. This created quite a stir in the Mac world, as it enabled – amongst other things – embedded Flash videos in sites (such as Facebook) to load – a feature requiring Flash 11.
It was later updated to 11.5 and then 11.7.
I wrote several articles following this progress in the past, Hack Allows PowerPC Macs To Access Flash 11 Content, Flash 11 Hack For PowerPC Updated To 11.5, and Flash 11 Hack For PowerPC Updated To 11.7.
Since then it has been fairly quiet on the subject, but I was recently pointed to another hack that brings it right up to date – offering a special version of the Flash plugin taking up to 16.1, which is the current version being offered to Intel Mac and Windows users.
You can download here the DMG file here. I have zipped it.
* NOTE: Older versions of Flash may be vulnerable to attacks that have been patched in newer versions. Be aware of this. While this has enabled Flash 16 videos, it is essentially Flash 10.1 tricked into acting like it is 16. Low End Mac takes no responsibility for any hardware, software, or financial issues that might arise from using this hacked plugin.
As with the other hacks, this will not guarantee every site requiring Flash 16 will work properly. I must point out that I no longer own a PowerPC Mac and therefore haven’t had the opportunity to test this out myself. I would be very interested to hear from anyone who tries it.
If you are using TenFourFox, you should already be aware that version 17 was the last to support plugins and the current version is 31. If you wish to use this Flash hack, you should use a different version or stick with the older version.
I did not create this hack, nor so I own the DMG file. If you own it and would like it taken down or credit given please contact me.
Follow Simon Royal on Twitter or send him an Email.
Like what you have read? Send Simon a donation via Tip Jar.
keywords: #ppcflash #powerpcflash #flashhack #techspectrum #simonroyal
short link: http://goo.gl/RYkKps
I’m browsing the internet from my G4 (or G5) Mac, and I get a message that I need to update my version of Flash. But when I go to the Adobe Flash download page, I can only download Flash for the new Intel-Macs… what can I do ?
The latest versions of Flash for PPC-Macs (like G4 and G5 Macs) are curiously hidden on Adobe’s website… Here’s how you can download & install :
– go to the regular Flash download page :
– then click on the line Different operating system or browser?
– if you would select anything here, you would see that there’s only versions for intel-Macs here, so click on click here (from the line “If your operating system/browser combination is not displayed, click here for older versions of Adobe Flash Player.”)
– If you scroll down that page, you’ll find a table that indicates which version of Flash is the latest one that’s compatible with your G4/G5-Mac’s version of OSX. At the moment I’m writing this, the latest version for “Mac OS X 10.4+ (Power PC processor)” is Flash Player 10.1.102.64, but for some curious reason you cannot download it straight from the list…
– you have to scroll down further on the page, though an enormous list of versions, to find “(Released 11/04/2010) Flash Player 10.1.102.64 and 9.0.289.0 (126 MB)”, which is just above the “Android Flash Player versions” chapter.
– then click on Flash Player 10.1.102.64 and 9.0.289.0 to download
Powerpc Mac Software
– then open the download and unZIP it by double-clicking on it
– then open the folder “fp_10.1.102.64_and_9.0.289.0_archive”, and go to “Flash Player 10.1.102.64” —> “10_1r102_64” —> “flashplayer10_1r102_64_ub_mac.dmg” and double-click it
– in the window that opens, click on “Install Adobe Flash Player”, and follow the instructions to install… that’s it !
Powerpc For Mac Os X
Note : judging from the fact that Adobe is now at Flash Player 11, and the latest version for G4/G5-Macs is Flash Player 10.1, one would assume that support of Flash on G4/G5-Macs is slowly, but steadily, fading…